On Monday, July 10, 2023, ITS will upgrade Moodle to the sleek and improved version 4. This new version promises to enhance site navigation and introduce some handy new features. While most content will remain familiar, you’ll notice a refreshing change in the course organization and menu structure.
To help you effortlessly transition to the new version, we’ve prepared a series of 90-second videos that will guide you through the changes.
Moodle 4 Overview
Moodle 4 Course Editing Changes
Moodle 4 brings a number of useful new features, including:
- Simpler course index navigation
- Timed assignments (useful for timed take-home exams)
- New color-coded activity icons
- Improved edit button
- Clearer gradebook views and new grade summary report
- Class roster report with student photos
Help with the transition
ITS will be holding workshops and office hours in August 2023 to assist with the transition to the new system.
If you’d like a personalized sneak peek or are curious to know more about the changes, get in touch with your Academic Technologist.