ITS will be upgrading Moodle on Monday July 10, 2023 and the system will be unavailable for part of the day. As part of the update, there are some previously unannounced new features available:
- Ability to duplicate sections/topics/weeks: useful if the content of each topic/week follows the same pattern.
- Bulk duplicate, move, or delete course items: makes it easier to make a bunch of changes at once.
- Add a resource or activity anywhere on the course page: currently, new activities are always added to the bottom of a topic.
More information is available on Moodle’s site for New features for Teachers.
These new features join the previously announced enhancements:
- Simpler course index navigation
- Timed assignments (useful for timed take-home exams)
- New color-coded activity icons
- Improved edit button
- Clearer gradebook views and new grade summary report
- Class roster report with student photos
Moodle 4 Overview
Moodle 4 Course Editing Changes
Help with the transition
ITS will be holding workshops and office hours in August 2023 to assist with the transition to the new system.
If you’d like a personalized sneak peek or are curious to know more about the changes, get in touch with your Academic Technologist.