ITS will upgrade to Moodle 2 on Thursday August 8, 2013. Moodle will be unavailable from 11AM to 8PM. All your existing courses and enrollments will remain in Moodle after the upgrade.
In addition to design improvements, Moodle 2 has useful new features, such as:
- Drag and drop file uploads
- Easy downloads of all student assignment submissions
- Conditional access: automatically make items visible after a specified date
- More display options, including collapsable topics or week sections
To help you with the transition to Moodle 2, we will offer several workshops in the coming weeks. If you can’t make any of the scheduled workshops or would like to arrange a special training for your department, please contact Andrew Ruether (aruethe2, x8254).
New features in Moodle 2 (for Moodlers familiar with the previous version)
- Wednesday August 28, 2013 from 10AM to 11AM in Trotter 201
- Thursday August 29, 2013 from 1:30PM to 2:30PM in the LRC (Kohlberg 326)
- Tuesday September 3, 2013 from 1:30PM to 2:30PM in Trotter 201
- Wednesday September 4, 2013 from 1:30PM to 2:30PM in Trotter 201
Introduction to Moodle 2 (for new Moodlers)
- Tuesday August 27, 2013 from 1:30PM to 2:30PM in the LRC (Kohlberg 326)
- Wednesday September 4, 2013 from 10AM to 11AM in Trotter 201