ITS will be upgrading our Moodle site to Moodle 2 this summer. There are many improvements in Moodle 2 that make creating and updating a course easier. Among the updates are the following:
- Drag and drop file uploads
- Conditional access: automatically make resources and activities visible after a specified date or to specified users.
- Quick edit of resource and activity titles from the front page
- More display options, including collapsable topics or week sections
- Design and layout improvements
We will continue to keep past courses in Moodle so that you will be able to access materials from previous years after the upgrade. We will distribute a guide to the new version of Moodle in July and hold training courses in August.
The upgrade is scheduled for July 14, 2013. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with Andrew Ruether in ITS (aruethe2, x8254)