ITS has been working hard to get ready for the Spring 2021 Semester. Here are a few updates that can make your life easier.
Faculty and students can import their class meeting times into their Google Calendar. This makes it easy to keep track of your schedule.
- Go to https://swarthmore.github.io/course2ics-parser/.
- Search for your course by title.
- Click on the course to download the .ics file.
- Open your Google Calendar and log in.
- Click on the cog icon in the main app bar, then click Settings.
- Click on Import & Export from the left-side menu.
- Click on Select file from my computer and double-click on the downloaded .ics file.
A professor can also set up a class calendar based on the imported schedule. Once set up, it is possible to add separate events for tests, help sessions, and assignment due dates.
Student Name Pronunciation
Students have begun to record their names in Moodle to allow professors and classmates to hear the correct pronunciation. We have help instructions on how to record your name as well as listen to the name pronunciation of class members. Professors are encouraged to record their names, too.
We have also been working to bring the pronunciations to Faculty Services in the near future.
Academic Technology Office Hours
We’ll be continuing our Academic Technology Virtual Office Hours for any faculty or staff member with academic technology questions through first two weeks of the Spring term:
– Mondays 10am-Noon
– Thursdays 2-4pm
Contact your Academic Technologist or email@example.com to get the Zoom link.