College faculty and staff can participate free of charge (travel included) in a wide range of technology workshops through Swarthmore’s membership in NITLE. These hands on workshops are held locally or at peer institutions on topics relating to the use of emerging technologies in the classroom and for research. For a full list of workshops and more information, contact the Academic Computing team.
Some upcoming workshops of interest include:
* Social Software for Education: Collaborative Learning and Research Practices. Program Date: January 10, 2008. Rollins College.
* Visual Literacy: Using Images for Teaching and Learning. Program Date: January 14, 2008. St. Lawrence University.
* Web-Mapping. Program Date: January 15, 2008. St. Lawrence University.
* Digital Image Editing (using Adobe Photoshop Elements). Program Date: January 17, 2008. Birmingham-Southern College.
* Gaming and Teaching: Virtual Environments for Liberal Education. Program Date: March 10, 2008. Bryn Mawr College.
* Digital Audio Workshop (using Audacity). Program Date: March 11, 2008. Bryn Mawr College. .