ITS has the newest edition of Math Type available for download for faculty, staff, and students here:ITS Software
MathType 6.7 New Features:
Virtually all MathType features are enhanced in each major release. Here are some major new features in MathType 6.7. To learn more about these features, visit our Full Feature List.
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Support: MathType now supports Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger or later, including version 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Apple iWork ’09 Support: Apple has picked MathType as its equation editor. If MathType is installed, a MathType Equation item appears on the Insert menu in all three iWork applications: Pages, Keynote, and Numbers.
- Microsoft Office 2011 Support: MathType brings back its full functionality, including equation numbering, within Word 2011. MathType is also compatible with Office 2008 but not all features are available. Please see So what’s the story with MathType and Microsoft Office 2008? for details.
- Type TeX/LaTeX directly into a Microsoft Word document: If you already know the TeX typesetting language, you can enter equations quickly using that language in either the MathType editing window or directly into a Word document using the new TeX Toggle command.
- Copy spreadsheet cells and word processing tables into
MathType as matrices: MathType lets you copy and paste a range of cells in Excel or Numbers, or a table in Word or Pages, and paste it into the equation you are working on as a matrix. This saves you time by avoiding typing and mistakes due to missing decimal points or dropped digits.
- MathType works with 500+ applications and websites: Look up your favorite apps and websites in our Works With section for details on how MathType works with them. Here are some of the most popular:
- Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, Mac Mail, Microsoft Outlook
- Mathematica, Maple
- InDesign, QuarkXpress
- Blackboard, Moodle, WebAssign
- Wikipedia, Wolfram Alpha
- Google Docs