All faculty and staff are invited to visit the Academic Technology Fair this Thursday. The fair is a showcase of a variety of software and hardware resources that you can use for teaching, research, and administration.
The theme for this year’s fair is “Innovation Is Recession-Proof.” All of the technologies on display are available for you to use today without any additional cost to you or your department. Everything is either free or currently licensed/purchased by the College for your use.
Thursday, Nov 19th
Light refreshments served.
Some of the things you’ll see at this years Academic Technology Fair include:
- Securely access your documents from another computer or location
- Send multiple large files as attachments
- Share files for a committee or team with multiple contributors or readers, colleagues outside of Swarthmore
- Post a file to make it publicly available to the web
- Create appointments and schedule meetings
- Create different personal calendars
- Share your calendars with others
- Delegate mangers access to others
- View multiple calendars and do group scheduling
Check out the Swarthmore-hosted survey system
Introduction to new Ingeniux editor features:
- Embedded video
- HTML templates
- Training information
See examples created by members of the Swarthmore community
High Performance Computing
- Xgrid (distributed computing)
- Teragrid (supercomputer)
Learn about various exercises developed to test language production.
Integrate 3D models with real time video using ARToolkit
New Operating Systems
- What’s new with Windows 7 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- Information on compatibility
New in Media Services
- Tablet Pc
- Marantz portable digital audio recorder
- Sony “webbie” tapeless HD video camcorder
Have a Great Idea?
Make sure to stop by and share your thoughts, questions, and suggestions with us. We’re eager to hear what you have to say!