Shaking in my boots

Today at the COP there was a joint SBSTA IPCC special event to discuss the findings in the most recent IPCC report. The event was held in the largest plenary room at the conference, and it was filled with both conference delegates and observers. I found the event on the whole very informative, and it was clear the effort the scientists were going to to present their results in a way that would assuage the apocalyptic descriptions of the report in the popular media after its release. I really enjoyed the data although I was left with some methodological questions, which I will research after recover from sleep deprivation. I also had the opportunity to ask a question to the panel, and I have never shaken so much in my life!

4 thoughts on “Shaking in my boots”

1. Yes, that’s what I want to know, too! (And the answer, of course.) Good for you for asking a question- my recurring fear in situations like that is standing up and then forgetting what I was going to say…

2. He asked an excellent question! It was about the economic differences between four models the panel presented and if there was a clear winner with that regard. Alas, they didn’t really answer his question.

3. Amos, I can’t remember who or where at this point, but someone this week when I said I was from Swarthmore brought up that they were impressed that you stood up to ask a question! They didn’t remember your name, but did remember a tall young person in a sweater from Swarthmore.