COP25 Day 1 WIM, YOUNGO, CAN International, ICCCAD

Hi everyone, I’m really excited to share my week with all of you!

My research topic for COP25 is on the Warsaw International Mechanism on Loss and Damage (WIM). I am interested in understanding how different actors at the COP are framing the issue of loss and damage. On the first day, I met with the YOUNGO and CAN International Working Groups for Loss and Damage, edited and finalized the YOUNGO opening plenary session speech, and interviewed Saleem Huq, the Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD), about the consultation he provides for the Least Developed Countries (LDC) on the WIM.

Throughout the rest of the week, I plan to continue working with the CAN and YOUNGO working groups and might help draft a loss and damage policy document for the YOUNGO. Up next for tomorrow, I’ll be meeting with the head negotiator for Loss and Damage from the US State Department.

More of me rambling about my day here: https://vimeo.com/user105825874/review/376910872/c4858b8e19 

3 thoughts on “COP25 Day 1 WIM, YOUNGO, CAN International, ICCCAD”

1. Allie, I really appreciated the detail you were able to go into using this vlogging mode. It sounds like an incredibly hectic and powerful day. Well done for making the rounds and helping to keep groups like YOUNGO and CAN aligned in terminology: consistency of messaging is really important when you’re punching up. Great job!

2. And how did your meeting with the US State Department Loss and Damage head negotiator go?

3. What a hectic first day! Glad you are making the most of it and I look forward to hearing about the interviews.