For the MPFS 6th grade science class…

I just wanted to mention a program called the Science and Technology Policy Fellowship, run by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. There are ten of these AAAS fellows at COP: the picture here is of Gillian Bowser, a professor at Colorado State University who has brought a group of students to the negotiations here. You may have also seen a picture of my colleague Liz Nichols in earlier posts.

AFD2134B-BB08-4379-A422-911599EAE907

Part of why it’s important to have these scientists here is that one big argument at the international government level is how seriously we should take science. (I believe we need to take the science very very seriously.) AAAS fellows are getting a lot of practical experience about how policy and science relate to one another.

Maybe some of you will one day be scientists, professors, AAAS fellows!

2 thoughts on “For the MPFS 6th grade science class…”

1. I think this program sounds really cool, and I agree that science is very important, and I would love to be a scientist some day. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
    -Media Providence Friends School (MPFS) student

1. Thanks for reading, Sage! Keep up your excitement for science and you’re on the right track to becoming a scientist!