COP 24: Day 0

Day 0:

As the COP does not start until tomorrow, the whole group got to spend the day exploring Katowice and Krakow (after we picked up our badges, of course – pictured below).

It seems like we walked through a never ending stream of Christmas Markets and just went from one place to another in search of more and more food. A lot of coffee was also drunk to stave off the jet-lag.

Can’t wait to see what is in store for us at the opening plenaries tomorrow and meet some exciting people!

47319721_288596571760888_3316502677147353088_n

4 thoughts on “COP 24: Day 0”

1. Love the photos: you don’t look nearly jetlagged enough! Did you pass by any vegan restaurants on your meanderings? I know Chris is totally down for sausage all the time, but I’m wondering whether Katowice has more climate-friendly dining options. I did a search and it looks as if sushi is a hot option, but there were a couple of Polish-named restaurants that also came up as vegan-friendly. I can’t see sushi fitting in the Christmas markets–and I’m curious what Polish vegan cuisine might be like.

1. I’ve seen some vegetarian/vegan options in my quick look through restaurant options. I’ll keep my eyes open for more through the week! I actually do like vegan food, so maybe we’ll even go. I haven’t even had a sausage yet…

2. Glad you all had some time to explore & very excited to read about the negotiations after today!