My experiences with the outdoors as a child was rewarding, for the most part. I encountered all sorts of new insects and plants. However, one day, I came across a plant that I wish I had never met. The plant I am referring to is none other than poison ivy. I first came across this plant in the woods near my house when I was around 7 years old. I didn’t think much of the plant, except that I thought that the three leaves were unique, and the shiny appearance of the leaves were intriguing. I remember that when I went back home that day, I began to feel itchy on my arms and legs. I thought nothing of this, I just assumes that I had gotten bitten by bugs while I was outside. However, when I woke up the next morning, I was in for quite a surprise. I had a red bubbly rash on parts of my arms and legs. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I had trouble comprehending that I had gone to bed perfectly fine that night before only to wake up to have a rash like I had never seen before. I got up to show my mom, and she was shocked, but thankfully she new what the problem was. She told me that I had poison ivy, and that I must have gotten it playing in the woods. When I asked her what poison ivy looked like, she told me that it had 3 leaves and looked shiny. I was astounded that the new, cool-looking plant I had found yesterday had actually caused my this itchy anguish. Now I know full well to avoid this plant, which is especially helpful when walking in the crum.